Frequently Asked Questions About Student Fund
1. When is the best time to apply?
The online application usually becomes available in early June.
2. Is there a maximum amount of money my parents can earn before I am not eligible to receive a student loan?
This is a difficult question to answer. Your financial need assessment is based on a number of variables. Your parents are expected to contribute to your education.
3. I'm halfway through the semester and I haven't applied for a student loan, can I still apply?
Yes. Typically you can apply up until the 2nd last month of your studies. The process can take a few weeks so don't leave it until the last minute. You will still be assessed for the entire semester, not just from the date you apply.
4. How do I apply for a fund?
Please follow the directions on the apply link
5. How much will I get?
The amount of assistance you receive can only be determined after you have submitted an application, and will depend on your personal and family situation.
6. How long will it take to get the fund?
Processing times will vary depending on the time of year and the type of application you submit. Filling out the application online will produce results much quicker than the paper application.